Saturday 23 February 2013

The Coach's Prayer

Dear God,

If you are omnipresent and read all that is going on in the Blogosphere (forgive the spelling Im new to this) then you will no doubt cast your eyes over this post.

As you know we are an up and coming running group designed to spread a bit of sunshine into the lives of people in Chester who fancy having a go at running without the drag of 'chasing pavements' and puffing and panting round the city. As a Coach my intentions are purely honourable, it isnt an ego-trip on my part, I just want to impart some knowledge and have some fun with my Sunday.

Then why oh why oh why (I know spells YOYO) do you insist on sending these dollops of snow our way? Ive read the Bible, Ive heard the sermons and I understand that life is supposed to be a test, but come on Holy One give us a break? I have cancelled countless sessions for that other oddity 'elf and safety' that has been imposed upon us from those that have stripped us of common sense decision making and apparently know better. Yet again I find myself in the position, of wondering whether tomorrows sessions will end up the same?

If you can find it in your heart to give us a break, I will be most greatful and I promise to keep doing my good work until I get most of Chester running in some shape of form :)

Coach Hallas

No comments:

Post a Comment